New PSUs | Used Mobos / CPU / RAM / PATA drive

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DaveInTexas

Oct 28, 2021
Clearing out one of my "junk cabinets" and I have discovered the following, which may now be yours! (i.e. pressure from wife to get rid of my PC overstock materials)

Motherboards
1. Supermicro X8STI-F | $25 + shipping | Pulled from working server that saw light, intermittent usage. Faceplate is included. No CPU. No RAM.
2. Supermicro X10SLL-F | $35 + shipping | Socket H3 (LGA 1150) E3 or i3. Light usage. I honestly cannot recall what I used this for previously. No CPU. No RAM. Includes faceplate and the CPU mounting bracket that attaches from underneath the board.
3. Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P | $25 + shipping | Pulled from working environment. This was my old firewall for ~6 years or so. Includes 4 GB RAM + CPU + CPU cooler. Faceplate is included.*

* I do not recall which AMD processor is installed, but it's old. It's been running 24/7 for at least 6 years with no issues. Average < 10% CPU usage running pfSense on a 1 Gig WAN.

CPUs
1. Intel Xeon X5675 (note, this fits in the X8STI-F) $15 + shipping. Pulled from the X8STI-F. This chip was brand new when I bought the server that included the X8STI-F.

RAM
1. DDR3 | pre-owned | ECC | 4 GB | Kingston SL4D316E11S8KF | PC3-12800 | Single Rank | Quantity: 6 | $10 each + shipping
2. DDR3 | pre-owned | non-ECC (desktop) | 8 4 GB | G.Skill | Sniper F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR | PC3-14900 | Dual Rank | CL 9-10-9-28 | 1.50v | XMP compatible | Quantity: 2 | $40 $20 for both + shipping (they're intended to be a set of 2)

Storage
1. PATA interface | Hitachi Travelstar | 40 GB | 5400 RPM | Model HTS541040G9AT00 | Manufactured May 2006 | FREE + shipping!

Power Supplies
1. Supermicro PWS-801-1R | 800 watts | 66 amp 12v rail | 4 amp 5v rail | 120-240v @ 10 amps A/C draw | NEW (open box / pulled from new server before use) | Quantity: 2 | $25 each + shipping
2. 3Y Power Technology | Model YM-5201D (revision 1.2) | 200 watts | NEW (open box / never used / in storage for 8 years) | Quantity: 2 | $10 each + shipping

Fan Controllers
1. Phanteks Universal Fan Controller | NEW in box (shrink-wrapped) | This is one of the best add-on fan controllers, and difficult to find | Quantity: 1 | $40 + shipping

All parts will be shipped in anti-static bags, with the exception of the fan controller.

Shipping time will be ASAP after negotiating payment, but typically 1-2 business days. Shipping via FedEx, UPS, or USPS at my discretion. Shipments will be insured. I may need to charge you a few $ for shipping materials (I only have but so many empty Amazon boxes laying around), but will inform you prior to shipping if this is the case and you can decide if it's still worth it.

---------------------

Edits:

1. Added form factor info re: PATA drive
2. Corrected a mistake on the non-ECC RAM (they're 4 GB sticks, not 8... my bad... I blame DST time change for me being an air-head today...)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
I'll take that Travelstar HDD, and possibly the Kingston RAM too. I assume they'll just work as non-ECC DIMMs in normal computers?

That Gigabyte board is a very old AM3/760G board.

DaveInTexas

Oct 28, 2021
I'll take that Travelstar HDD, and possibly the Kingston RAM too. I assume they'll just work as non-ECC DIMMs in normal computers?

That Gigabyte board is a very old AM3 board.
Whoops. You're right! Thanks for pointing out the AM3... didn't realize I had mixed that up with another board... and I need to go and try and find the one with specs that I thought was that one. I'll edit my original post. Thanks for catching that!

Regarding the PATA drive, I'll PM you.

Regarding the ECC RAM... I am not 100% certain, but I thought that ECC could only be used in a compatible motherboard and will not work in a normal mobo (e.g. desktop).

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
Whoops. You're right! Thanks for pointing out the AM3... didn't realize I had mixed that up with another board... and I need to go and try and find the one with specs that I thought was that one. I'll edit my original post. Thanks for catching that!

Regarding the PATA drive, I'll PM you.

Regarding the ECC RAM... I am not 100% certain, but I thought that ECC could only be used in a compatible motherboard and will not work in a normal mobo (e.g. desktop).
I'm running 2x8GB ECC DIMMs in my parents their ThinkCentre E73 and they work just fine. Of course, no ECC unless I drop in a Xeon.