New Mikrotik Switch found for Sale in USA

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JNASMAN

Oct 4, 2023
BREAKING NEWS New Mikrotek 2.5gx2 SFP+ Switch CRS310_8G_2S_IN_230826 available for puchase at www.balticnetworks.com/products/mikrotik-crs310-8x-2-5-gigabit-ethernet-2x-10-gigabit-sfp-cloud-router-switch-crs310-8g-2s-in THIS IS NOT A PROMOTION OF balticnetworks I never heard of them until today. They have these new switches in stock in the USA and seem like a legit company. This is a brand new switch that I bought this morning as I had a google alert set to let me know when someone had them for sale.Mikrotik 2.5g x 2SFP+.png

OstJoker

Dec 3, 2016
One more scam from a user registered this month?
P.S. In Ukraine exact this model price is 175-180$ in all shops, so where is the "deal"?

amalurk

Dec 16, 2016
Not a great deal really but It is an Interesting switch and Baltic is fine. I have purchased from them before and they are listed on the Mikrotik website as a reseller. Ideally a switch like this would be $100 not almost $200. I'm over the 2.5g premium it should just be everywhere and cheap.

JNASMAN

Oct 4, 2023
One more scam from a user registered this month?
P.S. In Ukraine exact this model price is 175-180$ in all shops, so where is the "deal"?
I wrote that listing and I was not claiming it was being sold below normal costs. This is a hard to get switch in the USA as it just came out. I am not a scammer. Please be carefull when you accuse folks. By the way where else can your get a managed layer 3 switch 8 port 2.5g with two spf+ ports from a solid company. You can get some stuff on aliexpress or amazon from china with the same ports but nothing like this.

LoneGeek

Sep 13, 2020
Baltic is fine. I have purchased from them a couple of times three years ago.
There is another not very well known company multilink.us, which is usually cheaper than Baltic. I have purchased from Multilink as well. They charge $219 for CRS310-8G+2S+IN unlike Baltic, but they have RB5009UG+S+IN in stock ...

Reactions: Railgun

newabc

Jan 20, 2019
Looks like this 8*2.5gb+2*10gb switch is using a same grade CPU as the CRS309-1G-8S+IN (8*10gb+1*1gb).

altmind

Sep 23, 2018
+1 for baltic networks. not a scam, but also not a deal, just good price. mikrotik in general is quite late to multi-gig world, good that finally they've released something affordable for SOHO @2.5gig.

OstJoker

Dec 3, 2016
I wrote that listing and I was not claiming it was being sold below normal costs. This is a hard to get switch in the USA as it just came out. I am not a scammer. Please be carefull when you accuse folks. By the way where else can your get a managed layer 3 switch 8 port 2.5g with two spf+ ports from a solid company. You can get some stuff on aliexpress or amazon from china with the same ports but nothing like this.
1. This forum is called "Great deals" so I just wrote my thoughts in this regard.
2. Just few days ago another newbie posted "Super-puper deal for a great devices just because he is "closing his business" and needs money" - obvious scam. So I just wanted to warn other, nothing personal. If Baltic is well known shop in US, no problem. I never heard about this shop before. 3. I am system administrator in a company where we have more than 100 different MikroTik routers working in our network. Great devices (especially for the features\price) with a lot of pros and cons, but it's a whole other topic.

Reactions: JNASMAN

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Moved this to networking. We have had one since August. The video is recorded and the review almost done, but a lot going on with the move.

Reactions: jdnz and thepsyborg

jdnz

Apr 29, 2021
By the way where else can your get a managed layer 3 switch 8 port 2.5g with two spf+ ports from a solid company. You can get some stuff on aliexpress or amazon from china with the same ports but nothing like this.
there's always QNAP qsw-m2108-2c/2s - just comes down to whether you prefer mikrotik f/w and UI to QNAP ( both has pros and cons )

newabc

Jan 20, 2019
Hu?

CRS309-1G-8S+IN is 98DX8208 -> 2 Cores @ 800MHz
CRS310-8G+2S+IN is 98DX226S -> 1 Core @ 800MHz
The product page shows the CPU is dual-core:

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
Wiki says single core..
1698624355444.png

Something is off... CPU is integrated into the Switch ASIC, and I would be surprised if there were multiple variants of 98DX226S

JNASMAN

Oct 4, 2023
+1 for baltic networks. not a scam, but also not a deal, just good price. mikrotik in general is quite late to multi-gig world, good that finally they've released something affordable for SOHO @2.5gig.
Or for a closet downstairs...<grin>

JNASMAN

Oct 4, 2023
That is strange. As long as it can route/switch packets without drops when it is fully loaded and with lots of rules.....

JNASMAN

Oct 4, 2023
The 309 is a one Gigabit Ethernet port and eight SFP+ 10Gbps

Daniel15

Aug 18, 2023
Looks like a great switch!

Note that if you want to use hardware offloading for L3 routing, the 98DX226S switch chip in this model doesn't support Fasttrack or NAT offloading.

That is strange. As long as it can route/switch packets without drops when it is fully loaded and with lots of rules.....
Switching is always at wire speed with most Mikrotik switches, as it's done directly in the switch chip. You can check this in their block diagram.

Routing depends on exactly how you configure your routing. If you look at the block diagram, you'll see that there's only a 1.3Gbps connection between the switch chip and the CPU, so that (plus the fact that it's an 800Mhz CPU) will be your bottleneck for anything CPU-bound. You can see that 1.3Gbps limit in the routing benchmarks in their test results on their site (MikroTik)

Since the switch chip in this model doesn't support Fasttrack, more things will have to go via the CPU than on a chip with fasttrack support.

If it supported Fasttrack, you could hit much faster routing speeds. Fasttrack bypasses the software routing for established connections, so that it can happen entirely within the switch chip. When a connection is attempted, it'll first run through all the firewall rules. However, once the connection is established (i.e. it's allowed based on your firewall rules), all future traffic across that connection can bypass the firewall. The catch with fasttrack is that it only supports ~2250-4500 connections and ~2250-4000 NAT entries, after which only the connections with the most throughput will be fasttracked.

Last edited:

Railgun

Jul 28, 2018
For the record, another + for Baltic. I grew up not far from there and have actually been in their shop.