New Microsemi Adaptec Smart Storage Adapter SAS3 Controllers Launched

• Thread starter Patrick Kennedy
  • Start date
Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
Hmm...
Do you know if maxcache 4.0 finally support raid 10 for the maxcache pool?

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Did anybody say Low power HBA, will be interesting to see since they make it a selling point how good it is but Low power = less heat also so may be very useful for non rack mount server builds.

Reactions: Stux

moblaw

Jun 23, 2017
Hmm...
Do you know if maxcache 4.0 finally support raid 10 for the maxcache pool?
There has almost always been support for Hybraid-Raid 10, where SSD's are used for cache.

I'm more curious about: is max cache now available for all raid levels? What's the Price gonna be, and third, do we again need to respect the 200CFM, with the move to 28 nm.

The 4GB cache is a long awaited feature, that kept me looking at areca controllers for some time, now I don't need to :)

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
Maxcache is the cache layer in front of your logical volume for read and write caching, not a hybrid raid where you mix ssds and hdds in one logical volume.

moblaw

Jun 23, 2017
Does anyone have the PFU.exe utility? To recover from a bad flash for Adaptec 7 & 8 series. I seem to have a bad controller, and I am trying to recover such a Card, in HDA mode.

hear5am

Jan 18, 2018
Does anyone have the PFU.exe utility? To recover from a bad flash for Adaptec 7 & 8 series. I seem to have a bad controller, and I am trying to recover such a Card, in HDA mode.
Same here, been using Adaptec forever, but didn't know they now want PFU.exe and .FDLfirmware. The jumper Mode 0 was so elegant and easy! What is the best SAS2 controller out there right now?