New(?) Location for latest lsi2308 firmware?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

HeBeCB

Dec 5, 2014
I was advised to upgrade my HBA firmware to see if it helps with some expander flakiness I'm experiencing.

When I went to find newer versions (i'm using 19.0.0.0-it from the supermicro site... this is for an x10-sl7) my search redirected me to Broadcom(/Avago??) but all i can find there are product brochures... not been able to find firmware (looking for >= 20.00.04)

Any pointers?

HeBeCB

Dec 5, 2014
Sigh... not 60 seconds passed and I found the answer myself (I think): ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/Driver/SAS/LSI/2308/Firmware/IT

WeekendWarrior

Apr 2, 2015
Sigh... not 60 seconds passed and I found the answer myself (I think): ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/Driver/SAS/LSI/2308/Firmware/IT
Although you apparently already found your answer, I coincidentally looked for something similar today and experienced similar challenges. Broadcom's support website is organized differently than was Avago's support website.

Nonetheless, for future reference, you can find LSI firmware upgrades by starting from the HBA portion of Broadcom's support website at

SAS/SATA Host Bus Adapters

From there, go to the HBA-specific page for your HBA and click on the "Downloads" link within that page. You'll find firmware upgrades there.