Need help with Dell SC8000 sas card + HGST4u60

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

denywinarto

Aug 11, 2016
Ok i recently bought HGST 4u60 which needs 8644 cables.. so i bought Dell SC8000..
After some googling it's apparently LSI 9208 16e rebranded..

Problem is, i have no experience in flashing or dealing with SAS card..
I've updated the card to the latest firmware using the files here
SAS 9206-16e Host Bus Adapter

Do i need to flash it to IT mode or something? here's my specs

Motherboard : Gybagite GA B150m ds3h
Processor : Intel i3 skylake
Ram : 8Gb ddr4 corsair
SSD : Kingston 120gb + windows server 2012 R2 datacenter
SAS card : DELL SC8000 or A.K.A lsi 9206-16e

I put in 8tb and 6 tb hdd into hgst but it wont read it..

thanks

denywinarto

Aug 11, 2016
Anyone ? I followed this guide
How to Update Firmware on LSI 9211-8i ?
But i can't seem to update the second controller.. Even though i already select the corresponding PCIE address.. It always selects the first one

Now the listall says 2 controllers, one with FW 20 and the second one with FW 13...

any idea why?

SycoPath

Oct 8, 2014
Anyone ? I followed this guide
How to Update Firmware on LSI 9211-8i ?
But i can't seem to update the second controller.. Even though i already select the corresponding PCIE address.. It always selects the first one

Now the listall says 2 controllers, one with FW 20 and the second one with FW 13...

any idea why?
If you have never heard of "RTFM" you should Google it ;)

The help function for sas2flash lists all the commands available. One of them is the -c # flag which allows you to specify a different controller.

There is also the full documentation available from LSI'S website via a google search or https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ghHMAM&usg=AFQjCNFHBHMs00LEdSPtd1pi6l1GsPoyMA

Alternatively, just remove the controller from the case temporarily you already flashed and flash the other one.

I suspect that nobody was answering your question because of a perceived lack of effort on your part.

denywinarto

Aug 11, 2016
If you have never heard of "RTFM" you should Google it ;)

The help function for sas2flash lists all the commands available. One of them is the -c # flag which allows you to specify a different controller.

There is also the full documentation available from LSI'S website via a google search or https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ghHMAM&usg=AFQjCNFHBHMs00LEdSPtd1pi6l1GsPoyMA

Alternatively, just remove the controller from the case temporarily you already flashed and flash the other one.

I suspect that nobody was answering your question because of a perceived lack of effort on your part.
Like i said before i already tried to select the other controller -cpci secondpcieaddress... But it always points at the frist controller

drivers on device manager are up to date as well
Just tested removing the controller to the other one but it does the same thing