Need help sourcing Norco 4120 backplanes.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
Hi,

My Norco 4120 backplanes are in such a bad way after under 2 years that I really need replacements. Needless to say the quality is very disappointing when around half the slots are completely unusable or have reliability issues.

After approaching my local supplier (Norco SEA) it was clear that they were not interested in helping.

I then approached Norco Global support and after an initial ray of hope, they just passed me back to Norco SEA.

After an irate call from my assistant (she is good at those), Norco SEA provided pricing for replacement backplanes which including fitting come to more than buying a new unit (possibly purposely so).

Is anyone able to help get pricing, source Norco 4120 backplanes please (have tried Amazon and EBay).

Failing that I will scrap the chassis and replace with a decent Supermicro one which is not likely to fail after only 2 years.

Thanks
RB