Need help setting up Crashplan in Docker for Synology/Xpenology

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
Been using the direct install Crashplan , but with every version change, its messes up the backup settings for the NAS. So have been looking at the Docker alternative

I cannot seem to get my windows client Crashplan to access. Inspite of changing the .ui_info to match that of the dockerized crashplan , which I understand is differnent from the one from the direct install version.

Can anyone help with an idiot proof guide?

This is for DSM 5.2 btw. Or is that the reason why i have been running into a brick wall, and I should upgrade to 6?

Last edited:

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
one of my clients has DSM 6.1 on a DS1815+, and crashplan keeps failing upon updates as well. someone on my team tried the docker alternative, seems to work as far as backups go, but the client won't connect just like you. so i don't think upgrade to DSM 6.x will help you much. i haven't looked into much more than that...

i believe crashplan update causes it to break because it points to a different version of java.

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
thanks @nitrobass24. But I am having problems for my desktop Crashplan app to see my files. I think its because the containers have their own IP that is different from the synology? Is there a way to overcome this?

Solution = I added "--net=host" to the docker container configuration and that solved it. I read its not the best solu tion if I have many containers but it works for me now.

Last edited: