Need help identifying a Ruler SSD, never seen this connector before

Discussion in 'Hard Drives and Solid State Drives' started by Indecided, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Indecided

Indecided Member

Hi guys! One of my contacts was asking me if I knew what server this SSD would fit/belong to.

From what I can see. it seems like it's a ruler-type SSD, however, the connectors dont match up to what would be the EDSFF/E1.S/E1.L connectors. This almost seems like a hybrid between a M.2 NVME format and a second unknown set of pins.

Could be a bunch of pre-EDSFF engineering samples, but no clue.

If anybody has any idea what or where these would work in, please let me know, might be able to save it from getting scrapped.
    ssd-1.jpg
    ssd-2.jpg

2. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

At first i was wondering if you had come across something like out of an IBM A9000 but that looks a lot more low end. Can’t say I have ever seen that connector before.