Need help flashing a Falcon 2008 SAS Controller to IT mode

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Found a wealth of info but absolutely ziltch on how to do it. Said controller is on a Supermicro X8DTH-6F MB. I need to know what the current firmware version is, I think it's p20 but not sure, and I need step by step instructions. I've done a few Dell H310's and have instructions on how to flash those but can't seem to get a handle on exactly how to convert them to the suit the task at hand. I'd rather not screw it up.

TIA

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Replying from mobile. Supermicro frp site has efi batch files for onboard SAS controllers to make process simpler. Make sure to grab the SAS address or make one up that is unique for your environment. The batch file has -e 7 which erases the sas address.

Reactions: Fritz

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I was stuck trying to retrieve the SAS address. Kept getting an error saying the mouse failed to initialize. No idea what that has to do with anything even remotely connected to flashing the firmware. Anyway, I went ahead and flashed it and all went well. It's now in IT mode and strangely enough I don't get an error message about no SAS address. I did skid a bunch of steps tho and went right to the flash.