[Need Advise] 25+ft SFP+ Cable?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pc_doom

Nov 2, 2016
I'll lookup more threads about LB6M. I am planning on buying another LB6M for the other end of 10G link.
I am planning on ordering the same exact type of 10G-SR module for both sides of fibre cable.
Would I just get a LC/LC Single mode cable?
10GBase-SR module only supports over multimode fiber, so if you want to buy SR optics with LC interface. Please buy LC/ LC multimode cable(OM4 is recommeded), not single-mode. If you don't know which type of the fiber that a module can support, you can check the product details in the page of the exact product. upload_2016-12-21_11-21-15.png

Reactions: warlockedyou

warlockedyou

Sep 4, 2016
10GBase-SR module only supports over multimode fiber, so if you want to buy SR optics with LC interface. Please buy LC/ LC multimode cable(OM4 is recommeded), not single-mode. If you don't know which type of the fiber that a module can support, you can check the product details in the page of the exact product. View attachment 4033
SR Multimode LC - Got it. That makes it easy! :)