Need a silent managed gigabit switch

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

msvirtualguy

Jan 23, 2013
msvirtualguy.com
Yeah..I would agree with Pete L, I would not recommend them for Prod just yet but they did send a brand new one to replace my original and it's been rock solid since.

DrunkenLoliOni

Feb 19, 2016
I've been using 2 Netgear Prosafe Plus switches on my home network for the past year. They've functioned just fine and do well enough supporting VLANs which is the main reason I got them. One of them will continue to function fine where it is but I need to replace the main one connected to my servers as I need more ports and would like do do LAG.

Can you recommend some small (space is an issue), virtually silent (office is right off the living room with no door) 12-16 port gigabit managed switches?
I replaced a router and a wireless AP recently with units from Ubiquiti and so far have been very happy with them. I've also been considering a switch that has pretty much the same requirements that you're looking for. Their edgeswitch lite 24-port is fanless , low power, has 2 sfp ports, and supports LAG. All for about $215.

Edit: Forgot to mention it's not that small. Rack width, but not as deep as the 48 port. 17.44" x 1.69" x 8.70"