Need 120A of Power to your racks?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Not really a boatload of gear, disk arrays or a few blade center installs is easily enough to use all of our 3-phase 32-amp.

15kw a rack now is pretty easy without trying but at the end most enterprise DC's are only averaging 1-2kw / sqm actual from what I see which is still easily to cool in conventional ways (sure they may have a few higher power racks in the room but that's just a few)
If you are outside conventional enterprise into the google/Microsoft/amazon type cloud DC then they are likely using 15kw for every rack due to massive density :-O

Ninja1283

Jul 10, 2016
Nice, looks like a 277/480v 3ph 60A pin and sleeve connector.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Diavuno

Have you looked in the last 6 mo? I thought they got rid of all those tiers for EVERYONE, not just us around Sacramento. I think now we only have 2 Tiers and the 1st tier that WAS ~13cents is now 18 and then it jumps to almost 30 on Tier2. My electric bill for reference was $65-80/mo each winter and after the change a few months ago we haven't seen a bill less than $135 and I've disconnected a fridge, and swapped to more LED lights!!

I'm seriously considering looking into the electric vehicle rates and what I need to do to get on that program, and now that I'm approaching $200/mo much faster/easier Solar itself re-pay rate is getting much much more likely!

I hadnt looked in a while... my partner or accountant does utils, I just sign the checks.

I pulled up my home's dec-jan bill and PGE is 18.3 and 24.2 for me in Vallejo.

average has been 80-100 for power, gas during the winter varies from 10-100. If I'm really bad or entertaining a lot it'll hit 300 for gas.