Nearby sharing between Android and Windows

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

shiin03

Apr 25, 2023
hey everyone, anyone used this feature to share files?. i sometimes wanted to share files between my laptop and phone without actually connecting them through USB. bluetooth just way too slow for transfering lossless audio file. I tried nearby share between same platform (android to android and windows to windows), they works flawless but everytime i tried to share between different platform, none of them found each other. either android to windows or vice versa just didn't work.

are they really useless for cross platform or i did something wrong here?

matthelm

Sep 19, 2013
Chicago, IL
I use an app called "FolderSync Pro" to share files all the time. It will read or write from Windows shares (and a bunch of others I've never tried) just fine. There is a free version, but I don't remember the limits.

shiin03

Apr 25, 2023
I use an app called "FolderSync Pro" to share files all the time. It will read or write from Windows shares (and a bunch of others I've never tried) just fine. There is a free version, but I don't remember the limits.
it turns out all of these "on the box" nearby share only works in between the same platform. good thing google now have beta apps to transfer between windows and android. no official apps yet for sharing between mac and android