Natex Impulse buy server, suggestions to complete it.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

crazyea

Apr 25, 2016
Hi guys,

I've been following the e5 2670 price thread, and the Natex deal thread and impulsively jumped on the bandwagon.

So far I've ordered:

Intel S2600CP Motherboard w/Dual E5-2670 SR0KX , 128GB HYNIX RAM
Intel P4308XXMHGR Server Chassis
Intel AXX2IOS I/O Shield
Intel AUPSRCBTP Passive HeatSink - 2 pieces
Intel AUPMGPUBR Full Length GPGPU Support Bracket

I'm looking for a good deal on these as kalleyomalley is OOS:

Intel FCPUPMAD Air Duct
Intel AXXRMM4R Remote Management Module

Now, I'm not sure what to get to connect the 8x drives up. Do you have any suggestions on a proper card for this?

Any and all suggestions that will help me complete this build are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: gigatexal

crazyea

Apr 25, 2016
No suggestions? I'm looking for an HBA that is very reliable, and the least hassle to get working in IT mode.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
No suggestions? I'm looking for an HBA that is very reliable, and the least hassle to get working in IT mode.
OEM XS has new bulk RMS25KB080. Start with 35 and they typically accept around 40+shipping.
It will only work with/ locked to Intel boards. It can be flashed to IT. It was discussed on one of the threads.
Other option is RMS25CB080 if they have. The min they accept on that is 70. It is not locked to Intel boards

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: crazyea

JC Connell

Apr 17, 2016
OEM XS has new bulk RMS25KB080. Start with 35 and they typically accept around 40+shipping.
It will only work with/ locked to Intel boards. It can be flashed to IT. It was discussed on one of the threads.
Other option is RMS25CB080 if they have. The min they accept on that is 70. It is not locked to Intel boards

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I was looking for a card today. Just placed an offer. Thanks for pointing that out.

I've purchased a few others components from OEM XS (kalleyomalley) and they've been a pleasure to work with.

Reactions: Jeggs101

crazyea

Apr 25, 2016
Yes. OEMXS seems great so far. It took 2 days from order until the case was in my hands. From SALEM to VANCOUVER.

Reactions: Jeggs101

JC Connell

Apr 17, 2016
I'm curious what cables I'll need to use with this card. I ordered the same case and motherboard combo as the OP.

crazyea

Apr 25, 2016
The case comes with 4x sata to mini-sas so until you get an hba that will get you by. I just hooked that up to the mobo sata and the backplane.

I ordered an intel RMS25KB080.

crazyea

Apr 25, 2016
Im using the sata to mini sas at the moment. I did not order cables yet.

Thanks for the link.