Napp-It bouncing message on the bottom of Web GUI

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gutandtight

Mar 24, 2019
Hi guys, can't find anything about this: Just built a Napp-It on OmniOS and seeing a "bouncing" or "jumping" message on the bottom of the Napp-It Web GUI. What in the good world is that? How to stop it from bouncing? What does it bounces for? I can't read what it wants to say because it won't stay still. Very strange. Anyone seen this?

Thanks!

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
This is the "minilog" that logs all the actions that napp-it is calling on a menu. In the free version you can see the last actions and if one hangs you can see the affected command (the last one).

In the Pro version you can enable "Edit" in the topmenu (right of logout) and then click on Log there. This will show the whole log of all executed commands.

gutandtight

Mar 24, 2019
Hey gea, thank you for trying to help so quick and replying!

So, this is the last menu command spelled out. Makes sense!
(I am using a free version, so the pro features will be disabled in less than a month, I don't want to look into those too much - or I might get used to them - Napp-It is mainly for business, incredibly expensive for home users.)
At least I know what that message is now, thank you!

But, what am I doing wrong, why is it bouncing up and down so much that I can't read what does it say...?
This is my main question, the bouncing behavior of that mini-log banner. I don't see anyone mentioning this, so I guess it is only bouncing for me? Or is everyone else able to read a command line that fast?

To explain short of making a video, basically if it senses my mouse getting near the bottom edge, it will pop the "minilog banner" and immediately hide it again, pop and hide, pop and hide... No matter what I do with the mouse, like clicking on the banner, stopping the mouse, etc... it just keeps bouncing.
I was blaming it on my browser (FF), so I tried the Chrome. Nope. Does the same thing in Chrome.
I guess it is an unknown bug, just ignore it?

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
The minilog is shown during processing commands and then faded out.

Afterwards you can make it visible when you point the mouse pointer a little above the horizontal scrollbar (do not klick or move away the mouse, this is a rollover function with a fade in/out otherwise)

btw
For home use, the smallest napp-it pro is 50 Euro per two years (more or less the same USD) but free should be fully ok for home use.

gutandtight

Mar 24, 2019
Thank you, gea! I will try doing that tonight. I can't wait to continue. Awesome!

--------------------------------------------------------

On the Napp-It price, you're right, they do have a EU 50/2years.
However, I was explained by someone who had it, that the only reason I should want to buy Home Pro is the replication feature between two servers to have a geographical redundancy, and that is the dual license - $300 option (I just have checked their website napp-it.org pricelist few minutes ago).
And if I'd buy 2 non perpetual licenses with replication to achieve the same, this would add up to even more than $300 in just 6 years. ($50 x 2servers =$100/2yr, and will keep growing).
napp-it pro home price 2019.png
But that, is what everyone wants. It is a beautiful software. It is definitely worth it. I think I am just too cheap. :(

gutandtight

Mar 24, 2019
Hi again, gea.
You were right. I held the mouse where you advised me to, and the minilog banner held steady!
Here is a screenshot with the mouse pointer:
07 minilog mouse position.png

Thank you very much, gea!