My December 2019 Workstation Build

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SRussell

Oct 7, 2019
US
@SRussell compared to many on here I think I do a poor job at cabling, especially in a 2 year old system.

This thread just made a cameo on the main site https://www.servethehome.com/amd-epyc-7002-rome-v-threadripper-for-workstations/ and in the associated YouTube video:
Do you use a green screen for recording? This was my first STH video and I have now subscribed. The sound quality is well done.

For your daily use... Do you find that a single socket AMD is cheaper on licensing costs vs a dual socket Intel chip?

Reactions: Patrick

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
With the exception of a few things now almost nothing is licensed by socket, and now by core it’s much the same.
Sometimes the per core license it’s a case of using low core count high frequency to really save some $$ eg oracle DB license

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I do have a green screen but not using it there.

Almost everything I use for my workstation is licensed per user or machine. I know there are many applications that use per core licenses. I still spend most of my time in Adobe Creative Cloud or MS Office.

Reactions: Tha_14 and T_Minus