Multi-Page Testing on STH Main Site

Discussion in 'STH Suggestions and Updates' started by Patrick, May 6, 2018.

1. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

I know a lot of folks were wondering why we are doing multi-page articles now. Tomorrow is a big launch. The article is not finished but now encompasses around 5000 words and 40+ images.

It would have been silly to do this on a single page now that I am seeing the preview.

Big day at STH tomorrow.

K D, Monoman, William and 1 other person like this.
  2. K D

K D Well-Known Member

I like the multipage format. I'm usually on mobile and find it helpdull.

3. i386

i386 Well-Known Member

I think the multi paging needs a little bit tuning*, but in general it's pretty good.

*The post "Intel Xeon Gold 6138 Benchmarks and Review 20 Power Efficient Cores" for example has a short page 1 & 3, but page 2 is "very long" compared to the others.

4. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

@i386 part of that is breaking it up along subheadings. Some sections are larger than others. I agree that if I were more skillful I could perfectly craft sections that were the same length. Sadly, I am not.

The big review is the ThunderX2 piece. I think I will get the OK in the next 48 hours. Yesterday I was in SF on stage with the Cavium team, HPE, Cray, Atos, Red Hat, SUSE, Canonical, Oracle Linux, Cadence and a few others talking about ThunderX2 at the launch event. The article is ready to go, I just need the OK.