Morning Fail: Windows Server 2012 R2 Boots into Spanish Recovery Mode

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
After a long trip, and the flu, I am starting to get back into things (finally) today. I booted the storage test server and installed a few new SSDs I want to add to the data set.

Windows Server 2012 did not come up after I gave it 15 minutes which I thought was odd.

Logging in via IPMI I watched the server post, then fail to boot with the Windows ;( something went wrong message. Then into Windows Recovery, in Spanish. At first, nothing seemed wrong since my Spanish is mush better after being in Panama for a few days. Then it hit me: I normally install in English.

A quick trip to the BIOS and I realized that the OS boot SSD was one of about three dozen SSDs siting on my desk.

Happy 2015, and should all troubleshooting in 2015 be this easy.

Reactions: weust and pgh5278

pgh5278

Oct 25, 2012
Australia
Patrick, you do realize this types of occurrences are more frequent the older one becomes..After 12 months of not needing to get into the OI / Nappit machine at home, I went to do a few changes, and cant remember the OI password. I thought I wrote it down,,Luckily making a new machine over the next 2 weeks, and can transfer all the files..LOL..

Reactions: Patrick