Mokerlink Managed POE Switch - Safe for PC, another POE Switch, & Router?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kd4e

Mar 25, 2024
Just got a Mokerlink Managed POE Switch (POE-G080GM).

I didn't need POE where it is but couldn't find another affordable fully managed switch.

If I connect a PC (Dell OptiPlex 7060), an existing POE switch (used for cameras about 70' away), and our ASUS router (via a SMC EZSwitch 850BT) - might any of them risk damage from the auto-POE?

There's supposed to be a way to disable the POE for one or more ports - but I have to be connected before I can explore that.

Thanks!

Attachments

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
Standard active PoE (802.3af, at, bt) requires connected devices to negotiate power for it to get enabled on a port, so there is no risk plugging something in.

It's passive PoE that can be harmful to devices, but that isn't very common anymore.

kd4e

Mar 25, 2024
Standard active PoE (802.3af, at, bt) requires connected devices to negotiate power for it to get enabled on a port, so there is no risk plugging something in.

It's passive PoE that can be harmful to devices, but that isn't very common anymore.
Thanks!