MikroTik CRS510-8XS-2XQ-IN Review 8-port 25GbE 2-port 100GbE Switch

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MountainBofh

Beating my users into submission
Mar 9, 2024
perfect timing, I ordered one of these on Tuesday for a work project.

niekbergboer

Jun 21, 2016
Switzerland
These switches (along with their 4 x QSFP28 variants) do not support the 802.1 bits for RDMA, however, the ConnectX 4 and up do support something called zero-touch RoCe that should work even on not fully compliant switches.

Has anyone had success using zero-touch RoCe on the Mellanox/NVidia ConnectX line with these switches?

MountainBofh

Beating my users into submission
Mar 9, 2024
I just got my switch in. I'm just playing with it on the bench for the moment, but early results are good. Had no problem plugging a Mellanox 4 into it using el cheapo Amazon SFP28 transceivers, got a link right off the bat. Used some generic SFP+ transceivers to link the Mikrotik into my Horaco (realtek clone) SFP+ switch, and I'm able to pass 10gb no problems, no dropped frames.

Firmware was a piece of cake to update, just followed their instructions.

I'm not planning to do any sort of layer 3 stuff with this, or even much layer 2 stuff. I just need it to pass ethernet frames, and so far its a home run in that department.

Reactions: TRACKER

XStylus

Jul 8, 2023
I'm extremely curious as to if the CRS504 or the CRS510 supports switch-to-switch MACSEC, and if so, how well. It'd be incredible if so.

I understand that the firmware technically supports it, but Mikrotik's documentation states that it's "early stage".