Microtik Suggestion

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

smccloud

Jun 4, 2013
Does anyone have a suggestion for a Microtik router to replace an ERX and a UAP AC Lite? My UniFi setup died and I'm not sure I want to keep using it some the AP does for no reason.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

smccloud

Jun 4, 2013
Do you have any specific requirements for your network setup or the Microtik router?
My only requirements are something that works correctly, 802.11ac and simultaneous dual band. I was looking at the hAP ac since.

smccloud

Jun 4, 2013
Router + AP is always the way to go. If no.... Get a nighthawk
I bought a TP-Link Archer C7 until I had time to trouble shoot my ERX UAP combo and it is a POS. I refuse to run consumer grade b stuff long-term. I'm not going to fix my ERX UAP combo because of the reliability issues I've been reading about with Ubiquity gear. I'll probably keep the ERX around as a switch though.

K D

Dec 24, 2016
Not sure about what reliability issues you have been reading about. I have 4 Ubiquiti APs connected to a USG that have been stable for several months. I actually just restarted them 2 weeks ago after February as I wanted to get on to the latest firmware.

I use an erx with an es24 and a uap for the lab. That has had issues but all of them human error where I messed up something while trying out something in CLI.