Microchip Microsemi Switchtec PCIe Gen4 Switches Available

Discussion in 'STH Main Site Posts' started by Cliff Robinson, Aug 5, 2018.

2. pricklypunter

pricklypunter Well-Known Member

I have used a gazillion small Micro's and loads of peripherals from Microchip over the years, dating back to the days when they used to be called Arizona Microchip. I still use their devices today in lots of designs. They are a pretty forward thinking company, and great to deal with, so I would expect that Microchip will do all they can to push their new line of devices into the marketplace, as fast as possible after they have their engineering and support sorted. Perhaps now having some real competition, Broadcom will pull the finger out and bring something positive to the table :)

3. i386

i386 Well-Known Member

@cliffr
    pcie 1.0 is 2.5 gt/s
    2.0 is 5 gt/s
    :D

4. cliffr

cliffr Member