micro sd card reader on H11dsi MB

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
I tried both sdhc and sdxc but doesn't seem to work. I only have cpu1 installed. Do you need cpu2 installed also for this card reader to work? anyone else having this board or the h11ssl got the micro sd card to work?

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
so you can't use it in a regular sense?
It is for internal usage to store IPMI data in validation stage

some BMC/IPMI can serve the sd slot like a usd drive, depends on the BMC/IPMI firmware.
so check the IPMI documentation of YOUR specific motherboards FW.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
It is for internal usage to store IPMI data in validation stage

some BMC/IPMI can serve the sd slot like a usd drive, depends on the BMC/IPMI firmware.
so check the IPMI documentation of YOUR specific motherboards FW.
Was hoping to be able to use it inside windows...lol but if it's only connected to the bmc/ipmi like that dedicated ethernet management lan port, then probably won't be able to use it in a regular sense

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
if suported it is a virtual media device and can be provided to the OS. but i don't know if this is possible on supermicro IPMI FW.
seen that on other platforms.
what i see is you can upload image to BMC and provide this as USB device to OS, no SD card required but SFT-DCMS-Single License.

drdepasquale

Dec 1, 2022
It does not function as a normal SD card reader as it is reserved for IPMI. To use a regular SD Sard slot with this motherboard connect an SD Card reader to the USB header or a PCI Express slot.

Reactions: wildpig1234