MHGS18-XTC server 2012 r2 driver?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mv740

Feb 17, 2014
i bought 2X card cisco sfs-hca-320-a1 which are MHGS18-XTC. During the summer when i got them, I manually installed the driver using the 3.1 ofed files.

The connection was Windows 8 pc <---------> Server 2012 server

Then i update my pc to windows 8.1, I didn't it would have cause any problem with my card but it did. The card didn't work anymore. I have try again using the same process ( manual install), still nothing. I thought that the OFED 3.3 would be released in the next few month... :mad:

OFED for Windows (WinOFED) Roadmap
-----------------------------------

[ Last updated: 06-25-2013 ]

WinOFED 3.2 GA released June 25, 2013

OFED for Windows 3.3 release on hold (lack of IHV participation).
3.3 is supposed to accept officially server 2012. 6 months later still no news about the update. So i was wondering if anyone had the same problem and did resolve it or it is a lost cause because it is going to deprecated in future drivers?

It didn't cost me that much maybe 35$ each, I just wanted to test out the power of infiniband. Would it be better to just buy another card? if yes, do you have any suggestion?
It is getting getting confusing for me with all the different firmware/driver configuration that make it possible to work on 2012r2/win8.1 . I was just using these card to transfer files at great speed 6-700MB/s :cool:

Darkytoo

Jan 2, 2014
I was in the same boat as you with the same cards, I ended up switching them out for connectX cards. While they're still not "officially" supported, you can use the mellanox 4.2 drivers with them under server 2012 and they work. I'm in the process of switch to either connectx-2 or 3 cards to get official support from mellanox.