Mellanox Connectx-2 Networkdrive Problems

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Herklama43

Nov 17, 2019
I have the problem that when I try to download from my File Server it always Fails or Takes like 10 seconds just to initialize. How can i fix this?

Setup;
Mellanox Connectx-2 is connected to the SFT+ on a Netgear XS508M Switch and then over to my 10GB Ethernet Network Card.

ChasW

Nov 3, 2019
I have the problem that when I try to download from my File Server it always Fails or Takes like 10 seconds just to initialize. How can i fix this?

Setup;
Mellanox Connectx-2 is connected to the SFT+ on a Netgear XS508M Switch and then over to my 10GB Ethernet Network Card.
Under linux, I have similarly experienced NFS doing this for the very first NFS transfer in some cases, but not SMB, RSYNC, TFTP, or other server processes. I am running 2 Conectx-2s under ubuntu server 18.04 and they do not exhibit this behaviour for any network transfers except for a first NFS transfer after a fresh kernel-nfs-server initialization, but I have seen that with many different 1Gb nics as well and I haven't suspected this to be related to the Connectx-2s since other processes do not do this.

Have you tried other types of transfers?

Herklama43

Nov 17, 2019
Yes with FTP and there is no problem also im using remote desktop to connect to the server and it works perfekt (im running it even on 4k)

ChasW

Nov 3, 2019
Yes with FTP and there is no problem also im using remote desktop to connect to the server and it works perfekt (im running it even on 4k)
What operating system are you using and which server and client software is it? For linux, I have found SAMBA and NFS to both be really good, but NFS writes faster, at least for me. I use it on a backup server.