Mellanox ConnectX 2 and Win 10 (again)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TheUnnamedNewbie

Jun 20, 2016
Hi guys, I have a strange issue with my connectX2 card and windows 10.

Windows 10 recognizes the card just fine, and it let me install the Mellanox drivers without any issues. It knows it's a network interface and all that. But, for some inexplicable reason, it decides not to use it as an actual network interface. It's plugged in, and connected to a switch, and just doesn't show up under my list of adapters.

Device Manager:

Network Connections:

The card works fine when I plug in a linux live USB, and it even works fine when I grab another servers windows server 2016 drive and boot into that. For now, I'm stuck using this USB3 Ethernet adapter that doesn't want to work under USB3... ./headache

Anyone seen this before and who knows what to do? I'm close to just installing server 2016 on this machine too, but not looking forward to the hassle of "breaking in" a fresh OS install...

TheUnnamedNewbie

Jun 20, 2016
Well, I just installed Server 2016 instead. Is working OK (only having issues with the fact that changing my MTU breaks network folders to the point it crashes explorer every time it tries to load a file from the network).