MCX354A-TCBT ethernet speed

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

trippybob

Jan 19, 2020
Hi!
So I had an opportunity to grab some Mellanox branded mcx354a-tcbt cards for cheap.
Has anyone tried to get 40GB ethernet out of these? I'm planning to use it without any switches or smth, just point-to-point. Since it basically the QCBT with the addition of FDR10, I hope I would be able to get 40gb. Is it possible to flash it like the QCBT version?
Thanks.

sash

Nov 22, 2019
Hi!
So I had an opportunity to grab some Mellanox branded mcx354a-tcbt cards for cheap.
Has anyone tried to get 40GB ethernet out of these? I'm planning to use it without any switches or smth, just point-to-point. Since it basically the QCBT with the addition of FDR10, I hope I would be able to get 40gb. Is it possible to flash it like the QCBT version?
Thanks.
Follow this conversion guide and you get 40G ethernet speed with no problems.
https://forums.servethehome.com/ind...net-dual-port-qsfp-adapter.20525/#post-198015

mmk

Oct 15, 2016
Czech Republic
Resurrecting this thread to just confirm that the MCX354A-TCBT cards can indeed be flashed the same the QCBT. There was a very distinct lack of info on the matter; bought one trusting my luck, paid through the nose on customs fees, flashed and it works as expected in 40g.

These were for some reason way cheaper than the QCBT cards (at least outside of US).