M.2 to 2.5" FF SFF-8639 Adapter/Tray

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

AJXCR

Jan 20, 2017
Looking around on Amazon/EBay/Newegg/etc there appear to be several options, most of which are no name and/or of questionable quality.

Does anyone here have personal experience with a particular brand/model? I'd love to hear some feedback before rolling the dice...

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Some motherboards are picky about which you get actually. The Asus one would not work in my ASRock board (got it prior to them releasing one). Been using the ASRock one for almost 2 years now without issue though. Heard good things about the MSI and Gigabyte version as well.

AJXCR

Jan 20, 2017
Some motherboards are picky about which you get actually. The Asus one would not work in my ASRock board (got it prior to them releasing one). Been using the ASRock one for almost 2 years now without issue though. Heard good things about the MSI and Gigabyte version as well.
Would you be referring to a SFF-8639 (drive) to M.2 (MB slot) adapter?

I'm actually looking for the opposite... I want to install several M.2 drives into hot swappable 2.5" NVMe hard drive caddies: