m.2 PCIe adapter Supermicro x9dri-ln4f+

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kaneelschep

Feb 5, 2022
Hi all.

I know there has been a lot of talk about getting these to work. I read it all.
But they are all about getting multiple m.2 ssds to work on 1 adapter.
I just want 1 to work. On an adapter for 1 m.2 ssd.

I have a Supermicro x9dri-ln4f+ that I use for VM learining.
At the moment it has windows 11 and hypervisor installed from an mbr legacy usb stick.

its running a gtx 1060 6gb on pcie slot 1 for passthrough.
Mobo has 2x e5 2620 cpu and 128gb rdimm memory.

I have 2 pcie m.2 adapters.
A kingston hyperx that came with the kingston hyperx predator 240gb m.2 ssd I want to get working.
And an axagon pcem2-d adapter.

Both will not work on the board.
It doesnt get recognised in anyway in windows. Device manager or disk management.
Bios will not see the drive.

When I put it in the cpu1 pcie slots. Next to where the gtx1060 is. The gtx1060 will also stop being recognised.
When I put it in cpu2 pcie slots, nothing happens.

I messed around with the bifurrification settings. Which are really confusing btw. Its not clear at all which slot you are actually adressing. it seems they are counted the other way around as the pcie numbers. No change whatsoever.
With the 16x slots its easy to get confused by the numbering. but not with the x4 and x8 port.

Other people do get it to work. Or at least it wont make the other cards stop working..
Is there something i am missing here?

Thanks!

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
but in Windows 11 you should see the drive at least.
on the axagon pcem2-d is only one NVMe Slotm the second is SATA and not connected to PCIe.
on the kingston hyperx is only one M.2 slot usable without correct bifurcation.