LSI9207-8i HBA controller, missing SMART status on some disks

Discussion in 'RAID Controllers and Host Bus Adapters' started by Dan Fosnaes, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Dan Fosnaes

Dan Fosnaes New Member

Hi,

I have a LSI 9207-8i controller with 2 LSI SFF8087 cables attached.
    I have 2x 4TB Seagate drives and 6x 8TB seagate NAS disks attached.

On my 4 TB disks, i can see the SMART status, like running time, start/stop cycles etc.
    On my 8 TB disks, i cannot see the SMART status, i tried with crystalmarkinfo and through my Drive Scanner from stablebit. In drive scanner, it says that SMART is disabled.

I should have updated the controller to the latest FW.
    The controller is flashed in IT mode.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Regards,
    Dan

2. i386

i386 Well-Known Member

The 8tb drives are probably oem drives that show smart info only with the matching oem controllers/hbas.

3. Dan Fosnaes

Dan Fosnaes New Member

It shows smart status, if you connect the drives to an onboard intel connector on a stock asrock motherboard.

Before i purchased the LSI HBA i had the drives connected directly to my Asrock motherboard, where it showed the SMART info.

Another bonus info is also that all the drives are bought as OEM.