LSI 9260-8i best firmware and drivers

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

oloco

Feb 3, 2021
Hi.

I own a LSI 9260-81 raid board. I've been reading a lot of posts, and I have quite a lot of questions, butI think the mosts importan ones are:

- Which kind of firmware is the best for that board? It's going to be used with some 7200rpm disks, using RAID 0,1,5 or 10 Maybe an ssd in a few months, but I'm not sure right now. It also uses a BBU...
I have read over the internet something about converting it to IT, but I'm not sure what it means for a final user like me...

One issue I'm facing rtight now is that I'm using vmware vsphere 8.x and doing a pàssthrough to a Windows Server 2022 Server. I'm trying to install the drivers for the O.S, but it always gives me some errors, like it's beingunable to load/start. Some years ago I used an equal model of RAID, and I was able to use the drivers in that O.S with no problems (but maybeit was using another firmware... now it0'ps broken and I can't get the old one)

At this time I'm not being able toknow wich version of FW the raid is using, but I will post it once I know it

Thanks a lot in advance!!