LSI 9207 HBA 8i 2308 eBay -counterfeit?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Phe0nix

Apr 6, 2022
I just purchased an item off eBay that shipped from Kentucky and later learned the seller is
Based in China shipping from Kentucky.

I read that there are counterfeit HBA’s being
Sold on eBay. This 10 year old HBA was sold
As NEW . I didn’t realize it’s age prior to placing
My order.

Back of card

Front on card

I don’t have an authentic card to compare this too.
The seller claims under the silver piece of tape is
The LSI logo. Why would anyone cover up the logo ?
I see there is a round white sticker with YUXI translated means “rain” or to teach a lesson.
It show 21/22 , is this supposed to be the production year. This card is out of production.
Is this card genuine?

uns

Jun 10, 2020
I'm in the same boat. I just bought 4 cards from a seller that told me the logo was under the silver tape, and there are not a lot of people talking about this particular thing.

I purchased it because of high ratings and reviews showing images of genuine cards.

I'm guessing the card is counterfeit and the tape is to get around trademark/copyright issues importing to the US. There was no other branding on any other part of the packaging, probably to get past customs.

I'm trying to find a way to stress test the cards without slamming drives with wear. If they can run full load for a few days without errors, I'd be fine with it.

I might contact LSI but, I expect that to be a depressing experience.

I might also pull the heatsink of my 4th backup card and take a look at the silicon. I'll post back results if I do.

Aleksey_Pravda

Oct 5, 2023
I just purchased an item off eBay that shipped from Kentucky and later learned the seller is
Based in China shipping from Kentucky.

I read that there are counterfeit HBA’s being
Sold on eBay. This 10 year old HBA was sold
As NEW . I didn’t realize it’s age prior to placing
My order.

Back of card

Front on card

I don’t have an authentic card to compare this too.
The seller claims under the silver piece of tape is
The LSI logo. Why would anyone cover up the logo ?
I see there is a round white sticker with YUXI translated means “rain” or to teach a lesson.
It show 21/22 , is this supposed to be the production year. This card is out of production.
Is this card genuine?
weird that they covered the sticker. There is a Youtube Channel by the name of Art of Server who has multiple videos about how to spot a fake card. judging from his video to my eyes your card looks fairly legit.