Low Cost rackmount Computing server (NVIDIA card with latest cuda)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mochouinard

Jan 23, 2023
Hi,

I'm looking for a single server that I can use to do some computing processing(linux with Nvidia cuda).

I'm mostly looking to just start playing with it on something that run in a datacenter rather than on my laptop, so rackmount setup...

I want something fast, but I don't need to process request for a lot of user. Mostly going to be Speech recognition and text to speech experiment.

I normally buy used Dell server for my setup, but they are not normally friendly to put GPU in there in my experience.

I do have a desktop at home with a RTX 2080 Ti that I could repurpose for the moment, if maybe waiting for the RTX 4000 serie would make more sense. Or I can buy a new RTX 3090 Ti if need me. I know there is server specifics card, but I don't know if there is good value in getting those.

So I'm interested in your suggestions for the actual server to use to experiment with gpu computing.

Thanks.