Looking for SuperMicro backplane BPN-SAS3-846EL1-N8

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JoeKun

Dec 25, 2022
Campbell, California
Hello!

I found this old thread about the BPN-SAS3-846EL1-N8, and I'm very interested in purchasing one of those.

Does @SRussell or anyone else have any leads for where I might find someone who could sell me one of those?

Thanks!

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
If you're in the US you could try to contact wiredzone. They are usually in the top ten results when I google obscure supermicro product names :D

JoeKun

Dec 25, 2022
Campbell, California
Thanks for the advice @i386!

Actually, I already have an order with WiredZone for a full chassis that includes BPN-SAS3-846EL1-N8, i.e. Supermicro CSE-846BE1C8-R1K23B4, and I was told by them that Supermicro doesn't have the chassis nor the backplane in stock.

They currently don't have any ETA for it, and I was told by a WiredZone representative on the phone that fulfilling orders for Supermicro chassis has been very challenging lately, with some customers still waiting after an order placed about 6 months ago.

• Wow
Reactions: T_Minus

JoeKun

Dec 25, 2022
Campbell, California
Quick update for anyone who might be looking for a Supermicro 846 chassis containing this exact backplane, BPN-SAS3-846EL1-N8, such as CSE-846BE1C8-R1K23B4.

I found a reference for this exact chassis on smicro.eu, and inquired about it. It looks like smicro.eu is closely linked with ANAFRA s.r.o., because I was very quickly contacted by their US Country manager, Nicolas Žitník. I was able to purchase this very hard to find chassis from ANAFRA, and I can't say enough good things about the great customer service I got from Nicolas.

If you're looking for this kind of hard to find chassis, I highly recommend checking out ANAFRA.

Reactions: ano

ano

Nov 7, 2022
I got 4th gen nvme to work on thoose N 8043 backplanes btw, so its happy days

• Love
Reactions: JoeKun