Looking for Super Micro RSC-R1UFF-E16R

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

robertbarry79

Mar 14, 2023
I am looking for two Super Micro RSC-R1UFF-E16R riser cards. Does anyone have any that they are no longer using and are willing to part with? Or does anyone know of a reputable seller to buy these from? I have been looking for the past few months and haven't had luck finding any from individual sellers or finding a reputable business to purchase them from. I have attached a reference picture from the SM website as I have found sellers selling the RSC-R1UF-E16R and RSC-R1UFF-E16 as the RSC-R1UFF-E16R, which they are not. Thank you very much for your help!

Attachments

marg

Mar 28, 2017
I am looking for two Super Micro RSC-R1UFF-E16R riser cards. Does anyone have any that they are no longer using and are willing to part with? Or does anyone know of a reputable seller to buy these from? I have been looking for the past few months and haven't had luck finding any from individual sellers or finding a reputable business to purchase them from. I have attached a reference picture from the SM website as I have found sellers selling the RSC-R1UF-E16R and RSC-R1UFF-E16 as the RSC-R1UFF-E16R, which they are not. Thank you very much for your help!
assuming you are looking for this.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
you might check with and see if @zac1 's amazing bit wrangler emporium has one. Not listed on the page but something tells me he may very well have what you are looking for.

Reactions: zac1

zac1

Oct 1, 2022
you might check with and see if @zac1 's amazing bit wrangler emporium has one. Not listed on the page but something tells me he may very well have what you are looking for.
No dice but thanks for thinking of me. I'll keep an eye out. Best of luck, OP!

robertbarry79

Mar 14, 2023
assuming you are looking for this.
Yes, I am looking for that and thank you for sharing. I saw that site as well as several others that when I checked them out on BBB and other review sites, I wasn't very confident with placing an order with them. Really hoping to find a site that someone has used and had no issues purchasing from them or more likely from an individual seller willing to sell the item.

zac1

Oct 1, 2022
Yes, I am looking for that and thank you for sharing. I saw that site as well as several others that when I checked them out on BBB and other review sites, I wasn't very confident with placing an order with them. Really hoping to find a site that someone has used and had no issues purchasing from them or more likely from an individual seller willing to sell the item.
Try ShopBLT. I've had good luck with them although the lead times aren't the greatest.

robertbarry79

Mar 14, 2023
Try ShopBLT. I've had good luck with them although the lead times aren't the greatest.
Zac, thank you very much for the recommendation! From our chat in March about the CSE-E301 you were selling, I decided to try shopblt for these riser cards first as that was my preferred way forward, but still no luck from them finding available stock or an ETA for available stock. Thank you!

Reactions: zac1

zac1

Oct 1, 2022
Zac, thank you very much for the recommendation! From our chat in March about the CSE-E301 you were selling, I decided to try shopblt for these riser cards first as that was my preferred way forward, but still no luck from them finding available stock or an ETA for available stock. Thank you!
D'oh! I didn't pay enough attention to make the connection. Nice to hear from you again!

Did you end up getting the CSE-E301? How long have you been waiting for the risers? They usually have a ship date within 3-5 weeks depending on supply.

robertbarry79

Mar 14, 2023
D'oh! I didn't pay enough attention to make the connection. Nice to hear from you again!

Did you end up getting the CSE-E301? How long have you been waiting for the risers? They usually have a ship date within 3-5 weeks depending on supply.
Zac, no worries and same to you! The CSE-E301 is my plan B, so I haven't purchase those yet, but did order the riser cards (x2) from shopblt right after our chat. I would say it's been about 4 weeks of receiving shopblt's weekly reminder emails that have been saying there is currently no info on stock availability or ETA info. Hence this thread to see if anyone else in the community can help. Thank you for the reply!

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Zac, no worries and same to you! The CSE-E301 is my plan B, so I haven't purchase those yet, but did order the riser cards (x2) from shopblt right after our chat. I would say it's been about 4 weeks of receiving shopblt's weekly reminder emails that have been saying there is currently no info on stock availability or ETA info. Hence this thread to see if anyone else in the community can help. Thank you for the reply!
ShopBLT will give you notifications until they either get one, or the vendor notifies them that a product is on longer manufactured/available. I had a GPU on order with them for about 6 months once before they let me know it was no longer manufactured.

If you're OK with used, and you haven't done it already, you can set up a search on Ebay and turn on notifications. From my non-scientific observations all but the most common risers go quick, so a saved search with notifications turned on is a good idea IMHO.

These are kind of "specialized" though, being (at least officially) for Fat Twin, so maybe not much luck there either?

A while back, I used a Fat Twin motherboard in a custom chassis and tried to find a 1U riser for Fat Twin with no luck. Since I had the space in the chassis, and the riser's mounting holes were kind of irrelevant for my use case, I wound up going with a 2U riser meant for a different system/chassis. It still worked, but the second PCIe slot was dead of course.

robertbarry79

Mar 14, 2023
ShopBLT will give you notifications until they either get one, or the vendor notifies them that a product is on longer manufactured/available. I had a GPU on order with them for about 6 months once before they let me know it was no longer manufactured.

If you're OK with used, and you haven't done it already, you can set up a search on Ebay and turn on notifications. From my non-scientific observations all but the most common risers go quick, so a saved search with notifications turned on is a good idea IMHO.

These are kind of "specialized" though, being (at least officially) for Fat Twin, so maybe not much luck there either?

A while back, I used a Fat Twin motherboard in a custom chassis and tried to find a 1U riser for Fat Twin with no luck. Since I had the space in the chassis, and the riser's mounting holes were kind of irrelevant for my use case, I wound up going with a 2U riser meant for a different system/chassis. It still worked, but the second PCIe slot was dead of course.
Thank you very much for the feedback. I know it's still early (compared to 6 months) with shopblt, but I have this feeling that I need to continue to look for additional new and used (i buy more used than new these days) options.

I have several search variations saved on ebay for the past few months to try to catch any listings first thing, but no luck so far on that front. The only similar thing I have seen from any manufacturer happened to also be SuperMicro and was RSC-EM8-E8, but I missed buying it (ebay) as I was focused on just looking for the riser card identified in my original post.

I have two E300-8D (1RU case) with a RSC-RR1U-E8 and AOC-SLG3-2M2 installed in each and wanting to add the RSC-R1UFF-E16R into the 2nd (hidden by AOC) PCIE slot to be able to add an additional NVME drive (for a total of 4 NVME per E300-8D), so my options are constrained, but definitely happy to look into other options that anyone might be aware of.

Thank you!

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
I have two E300-8D (1RU case) with a RSC-RR1U-E8 and AOC-SLG3-2M2 installed in each and wanting to add the RSC-R1UFF-E16R into the 2nd (hidden by AOC) PCIE slot to be able to add an additional NVME drive (for a total of 4 NVME per E300-8D), so my options are constrained, but definitely happy to look into other options that anyone might be aware of.
OK, if I may ask...so you aren't specifically needing a riser for a Fat Twin node, but a 1U riser with a PCB low enough to tuck under the AOC mounted in the "normal" location as with the 4 port NIC is occupying in the pic below?

This NVMe drive you want to use..do you mean an m.2 form factor NVMe drive in a PCIe adapter similar to this one? Or are you looking to use a second AOC-SLG3-2M2?

1682627957833.png

If its a single drive, you can get a carrier similar to the one above that has "notches" in it to work with X4 or x8 slots. The drive only needs 4 lanes, the rest are just there for the slot'ss form factor. The notches in the card let you put it in anything from x4 on up. This would allow you to expand your search to include x8 risers that you could then use without resorting to pulling the Dremel out.

Last edited:

robertbarry79

Mar 14, 2023
do you mean an m.2 form factor NVMe drive in a PCIe adapter similar to this one? Or are you looking to use a second AOC-SLG3-2M2
I originally had intentions to use a 2nd AOC-SLG3-2M2, but now that i've tested that setup (minus the riser card), I have determined it won't fit.

robertbarry79

Mar 14, 2023
If its a single drive, you can get a carrier similar to the one above that has "notches" in it to work with X4 or x8 slots
I already have a similar card (SUPERPLUS M.2 NVMe SSD NGFF to PCIE 3.0 X16) that I was planning to use with the riser card to mount a Samsung Evo 970 Plus. The PCIE connection points on the motherboard are already open on the back end which is convenient to use x4/x8/x16 options.

robertbarry79

Mar 14, 2023
1U riser with a PCB low enough
This is the key part along with the direction it faces as it needs to be lower in height than the RSC-RR1U-E8. Having gotten hands on with a RSC-R1UF-E16R that was incorrectly shipped when I ordered the RSC-R1UFF-E16R, I think the height will be low enough to make this work. I would be happy with a different riser card that met the height and direction requirements, but I have yet to find one that exists to go in search of to buy. Thank you very much for your inquiry. I really want to make this puzzle work.