Looking for suggestions on how to sort hardware accessories (screws etc.)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
As the title suggests, I need to find a better way to sort all the various accessories you get with the hardware you buy, screws, manuals, brackets and so on.... you get it.

I have been using a "system" where I store the cables for everything in the cardbox box the motherboard came in (if I was building a system). This works OK (for some stuff), but once you start moving motherboards around etc. it doesn't quite scale. Obviously a big issue with this is that it also means I need to store the motherboard boxes for a long period of time, which is also annoying because they take up a lot of space.

In addition to this, I have some boxes with assorted cables, which as I am sure you can imagine is just a huge pile of "all the useless cables" around + a few useful cables.

It all calls for a cleanup...

I have been thinking about sorting the common stuff, like Ethernet cables in one big box, and then putting everything else into appropriately sized ziptie bags (which is then put into a box).

As I am sure, that I am not the only who have been dealing with this, I thought I would like to ask you guys what you have done?