Looking for solid guide for powershell SS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nasomi

Jan 11, 2016
I want to create a parity array with 3 disks. I have done so using the raid5 in disk management. It works well. But I know that there's some things i can do to get more speed. The problem is, google seems to be hiding them from me. Seems google results lately are not great. I've been reading and reading and there's so much, but it doesn't tell me what I want to do without having pages upon pages of what I seemingly dont' care about.

nasomi

Jan 11, 2016
I have 3 disks. I add them to the storage pool. I go to use the wizard to create a new virtual disk. Default settings across the board, select parity array.

So i fire up powershell.

New-VirtualDisk -StoragePoolFriendlyName big -Size 37TB -ProvisioningType Fixed -ResiliencySettingName "Parity" -PhysicalDiskRedundancy 1 -NumberOfColumns 3

New-VirtualDisk : Not Supported

Extended information:
The storage pool does not have sufficient eligible resources for the creation of the specified virtual disk.

Recommended Actions:
- Choose a combination of FaultDomainAwareness and NumberOfDataCopies (or PhysicalDiskRedundancy) supported by the storage pool.
- Choose a value for NumberOfColumns that is less than or equal to the number of physical disks in the storage fault domain selected for the virtual disk.

Activity ID: {fd55f670-665d-4f99-a988-e91ad5937e75}
At line:1 char:1
+ New-VirtualDisk -StoragePoolFriendlyName "big" -Size 37TB -Provisioni ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (StorageWMI:ROOT/Microsoft/...SFT_StoragePool) [New-VirtualDisk], CimException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : StorageWMI 1,New-VirtualDisk