Looking for reasonable prices 3U/4U storage server case with 120/140mm fans

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dango

May 15, 2021
Hi, I am looking for 3U/4U storage server case that uses 120/140mm fans. I don't want to break the bank on it.
Something like iStarUSA's M-Storm series. (They somehow cost $600(3U) and $1000(4U).
I am currently using R720 and virtualizing the TrueNAS in it. Would like to make the storage a physical server.

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
Does "reasonable price" include spare parts and a "huge" aftermarket?

One of the reasons why I never went with norco|intertech|xcase, chenbro, chieftec or other brands that make cheap rackmount chassis is that besides the chassis you can't get any replacement parts. Not from official sources or from the aftermarket (ebay, amazon etc.)

Edit: the second major point is the "low" quality of these chassis (design, material used, sharp edges and more) ._.

Dango

May 15, 2021
Does "reasonable price" include spare parts and a "huge" aftermarket?

One of the reasons why I never went with norco|intertech|xcase, chenbro, chieftec or other brands that make cheap rackmount chassis is that besides the chassis you can't get any replacement parts. Not from official sources or from the aftermarket (ebay, amazon etc.)

Edit: the second major point is the "low" quality of these chassis (design, material used, sharp edges and more) ._.
I don't really concern on parts. There is nothing that can fail in those cases. The backplane are rarely fail anyway.