Looking for a **very quiet** rackmount/rackmountable JBOD enclosure

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

andrewbedia

Jan 11, 2013
I only use Scythe gentle typhoon (nidec), although i'm not sure if they were EOL'd. Highest quality i've found to date.
Have to concur with you sir. There's nothing better for static pressure than those rebranded NIDEC SERVO fans. They are excellent for forcing air through a liquid cooling radiator and would probably work well here. They sell a huge range of fan speeds for this and are nowhere near as expensive as Noctua Industrial fans. You can find the lower speed ones here Search: gentle typhoon - FrozenCPU.com

It's been a long time since I've looked for radiator fans (high static pressure), but it seems they are being phased out.

wookienz

Apr 2, 2012
I have built a norco 4224 with Noctua fans. Replaced three mid case 120mm and rear two 80mm. I can sit beside it and watch tv without hearing it all.

Reactions: andrewbedia

HellDiverUK

Jul 16, 2014
Gentle Typhoons are truely excellent fans, I run a pair on my H100i - the stock Corsair fans are like tractors in comparison. I'm running the 1300rpm versions.

Reactions: andrewbedia