Longevity of S2600CP2J

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Bill1950

Aug 12, 2016
With all the used S2600CP2J MBs available, is there any trends indicating a pattern of failures? Anyone experiencing failures or age-related issues? I know the boards are solid, but they are also old.

The reason I ask is that I now need to replace an aging [original] Windows Home Server that has used 75% of its maximum disk space available. I've cleaned up what I can, but I will need a new server. I'd like to use a S2600CP2J board with a pair of E5-2650s running WHS 2011. I know there is an 8gb limit on memory, but it can handle large hard drives and has mostly similar capabilities as the original WHS.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Being an intel board or at least manufactured for them I assume it pretty good quality generally. (I have not had experience with this board but all the other intel stuff I have used has been reliable)

Reactions: gigatexal

poutnik

Apr 3, 2013
I don't know about this specific board but I think Intel boards would be as good as (or better?) than SuperMicro boards. And some 7? 8? years ago I have bought a used SuperMicro S4985 board that's still up and running (though it's going to be replaced soon, not because it's failing, but because the even EE Opterons simply draw to much for what they provide)...

Edit (after 2 months): I have just now found out that I wrote the manufacturer for the S4985 as Supermicro, but it's Tyan S4985. My mistake.

Last edited:

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Speaking of Intel reliability anyone running a 440BX chipset still?
I have in storage an intel server case and intel MB running a dual pentium 3 or 4....
CPU's slot in like daughter cards vertically and have fans on them... same timeframe

Had scsi3 hot swap :-O

Reactions: gigatexal