Linux - Post Installation install scripting...

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
LOL, not EVEN gonna say anything, already been covered 'good nuff' here.

pacman FTW @s0lid hah

If you want background on KS %pre/%post for RH/CentOS/Scientific Linux I can shoot ya over a career worth of scripts for you to drown in...or use satellite or spacewalk and make life MUCH easier on yourselves. :-D

There's a reason large enterprises employ *nix heads and I gather it is because of their breadth and depth of knowledge/teeth cutting they have had to gain across the 'good ole' proprietary Unix and OpenSource spectrum's that garners these salaries.
Well said.

Still I am stuck with pre post scripts for managing old releases. As developer

I think current one make life easier...

If you have the certification s.. Many would look on you to manage.. Running system or build engineer ha-ha.

RobertFontaine

Dec 17, 2015
Winterpeg, Canuckistan
OP is suitably impressed with can of worms opened.... Not having an entire staff for version, management, configuration and testing... And just requiring stable, restorable platforms I'm going to shoot for a selection of prepackaged distros as close as I can get, virtualize them and save a copy with a supporting configuration script.

Are any of chef, puppet, ansible, et al usable /productive in the small?