Linking my NAS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Shadowarez

Sep 4, 2019
Yellowknife
Hey all figured this would be the best place to get a answer to a question I been pondering.
I finally ditched my Janky NAS for a more useful clean setup.

Here is my current setup I was wondering what is process to make sure this device is working at 10GB.
I want my main rig and my NAS to be linked with a switch both are duel port so in theory should this just work if I plug the ethernet from one port of the NAS to one port on my rigs 10GB ports.

1. Synology DS1621+ with 64GB upgrade, 6x18TB Seagate Exos, E10G18-T2, 2xSamsung 2TB 970 Pro Nvem (Cache)

Last edited:

Shadowarez

Sep 4, 2019
Yellowknife
its odd one but if i had to use the onboard on my main rig how would i make sure the 10gb nic id add in would be the default for when im transferring files back and fourth.

1. onbord nic to router,
2.intel 10gb linked to nas directly

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
The NICs are going to have unique IPs and would be on different subnets. You would control which you go through by connecting to the appropriate one.

Shadowarez

Sep 4, 2019
Yellowknife
ah ok so when i setup the share i should be able to define the port by its nic ok makes more sense this way. was thinking if i had to add a switch to the mix to make those 2 talk to each other directly.