LGA 3647 Square ILM Cooler OEM Options

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nexox

May 3, 2023
I have just made the questionable choice to purchase a second X11DPL, and this time I don't really want to spend $200 on a pair of Noctua tower coolers. I will likely end up with Dynatron B13s or the coolers from the HP Z6 G4, but before I commit I wanted to see if anyone knew of a better (which is to say taller) option from Dell, Lenovo, or whomever. Passive is fine, I can design and print fan ducts, and in case it makes a difference, my initial plan is to use 85W CPUs.

Micro

Oct 20, 2019
Maybe consider the Dynatron B14s, they work quite well on my 8260Ls
B14 | Dynatron
You can easily snap the fan off and duct it if you want to.

nexox

May 3, 2023
I am a little concerned that the sockets are too close together to fit the B14, I will need to find some dimensions and measure.

Micro

Oct 20, 2019
Look at the link I posted.
It gives dimensions and pictures, and a link to dimensional drawings (cooler specifications).
The heatsink does not overhang the socket, except for the fan, and since Intel thought ahead and made the socket mounting holes mirror images on all sides, the heatsink/fan combo can be mounted pointed either direction.
Good luck to you.;)

nexox

May 3, 2023
Yep I did find the dimensional drawing, which helpfully shows that the assembly with fan is 124mm, not the 100mm in the specs, and since the fan isn't raised up much like my Noctua towers I suspect that it will interfere with the VRM heatsinks. I will have to wait for the new board to arrive to measure since I don't want to shut down and disassemble my workstation.

nexox

May 3, 2023
Shorter, but closer, also the network/usb ports are right up against the rear socket, squeezing a pair of these sockets into a standard ATX board brings some serious compromises.