EU LENOVO Intel single port 100GB QSFP28 PCI-E 3.0 X8 HFA OPA 100 ADAP PN: 00WE025

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

linuxmanbg

Jun 23, 2016
This offer seems good deal in UK, more > 10 pieces , £29.99 each /accept offers / link click here
Do you think it is good deal?
What about compatibility?
P.S. It seems only Full Height bracket included.

Last edited:

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
This offer seems good deal in UK, more > 10 pieces , £29.99 each /accept offers /
You forgot the link, but from the title ("OPA") I guess you mean the OmniPath adapters.

Well, it's OmniPath. Don't buy it unless you do High Performance Computing, use MPI and are willing to suffer.

Reactions: ttvd and linuxmanbg

linuxmanbg

Jun 23, 2016
LENOVO INTEL SINGLE PORT 100GB QSFP28 PCI-E 3.0 X8 HFA OPA 100 ADAP PN: 00WE025 | eBay

Easy to find with the part number. Got a little excited but as Nabla^2 says, it is Intel Omni-Path Fabric. Never heard of it before - failed(?) Intel competitor to Infiniband?
Special proprietry Intel tech. require CPUs with F Suffix like 8176F from Intel press: Additionally, models that are suffixed with "F" (SKL-F) integrate the Omni-Path Host Fabric Interface (HFI) die on-package..
P.S. Anybody can tell can is that work in desktop PC back to back scenario (i.e. without switch) ?

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
Never heard of it before - failed(?) Intel competitor to Infiniband?
it was proprietary infiniband (Intel Takes Key Step in Accelerating High-Performance Computing with InfiniBand Acquisition), intel acquired the infiniband ip from qlogic
Special proprietry Intel tech. require CPUs with F Suffix like 8176F from Intel press: Additionally, models that are suffixed with "F" (SKL-F) integrate the Omni-Path Host Fabric Interface (HFI) die on-package..
I think that was for mainboards that had omnipath connectors on the mainboard.
For other cpus intel had omnipath add on cards (like the intel 100HFA018).

Reactions: linuxmanbg

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
This offer seems good deal in UK, more > 10 pieces , £29.99 each /accept offers / link click here
P.S. It seems only Full Height bracket included.
You can use these cards on a usual server/desktop. However, as these are x8 cards they are limited in speed up to 56 or 58G on a 100G link. Only x16 cards reach 100G speed.

Last edited: