Learning cuda from scratch

Discussion in 'Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and AI' started by Abhishek Kumar, May 21, 2017.

1. Abhishek Kumar

Abhishek Kumar New Member

To better understand the gpu-based libraries like caffe/tensorflow which run on nvidia-gpus I am planning to learn cuda-processing over python or c++. It would help me in integrating different custom layers with the standard-libraries.
    Please recommend some good books and share their experiences with cuda in the process of learning it.

Regards,
    Abhishek

2. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Abhishek,

Personally, I am looking more at the higher-level frameworks rather than going down into learning CUDA. There is only so much time in the day.

I have had these two books recommended to me:
    But as a fair warning, I have not had the chance to read them myself.

I did do the Xeon Phi programming course at Colfax a few months ago. That was great. If they offer something similar in CUDA, that may be worth looking into.

cactus and voxadam like this.