iTV interruptions since installing Unifi network Controller (IGMP Querrier issue?)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Caennanu

May 18, 2021
Gday all,

I am not entirely sure if to post this in hardware or software. But this seemed most logical as it started (re)happening when i connected hardware.

So, i have a semi extensive home network, one might consider a homelab, except that its actually used for day to day networking and not for testing.
In my home network, i have a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter 12 as my main router. I have configured this router to be my only router, and it is directly connected via SFP to the Fiber from my ISP. My ISP works with Vlan's for internet and iTV (6 and 4 respectively). And these are correctly set. In addition to this, i have 2 managed switches. 1x LGS-308 and 1x LGS-318. Both of these switches support the 4 configured Vlan's, for each end client, i have an untagged port with corresponding Vlan (itv, internet, server, geusts).
Since my ISP requires IGMP v2 without a querier, i have configured both the switches accordingly.

Now i have had the issue where my iTV 'streams' would be interrupted, and this was previously caused by one of my older routers which i had repurposed as a Wlan Acces Point. Disabling the multicast features on that one solved it previously. Now however, i have upgraded my home network to using 2 AC-AP lite's from the Unifi line and i am running into the same issue again.

I have configured these AC-AP lite's from a docker container (controller version 6.2.26) running on my unraid server. But i cannot find an option at all to disable any querier features in the controller. The only option i can find is an IGMP on / off switch. Don't even seem to have the option to select the IGMP version.

TL;DR
Issue: iTV streams are interrupted every 5'ish minutes (previously caused by a 2ndary IGMP querier in the same network)
Cause: Issue appeared (this time) when installing Unifi AC-AP lite (x2)
Disclaimer: When turning both AP's and the docker container off, issue is gone.
Question: Is there an IGMP querrier option in this build of the unifi controller and how can i shut it off? If there is not, any suggestions are welcome.

Ubiquiti EdgeRouter 12 - Vlan 4 iTV, Vlan 6 Internet home, Vlan 8 Security, Vlan 12 Servers. Eth 2 uplink to managed PC, Eth3 uplink to LGS-308, Eth6(+7) uplink to LGS-318, Eth 11 Fiber Uplink,
LGS-308: Eth 1 - 4 PoE+ 4x Reolink cam, Eth 5 PoE AC-AP Lite, Eth 8 Uplink to ER12
LGS-318: Eth 1 - 8 PoE 8x Reolink cam, Eth 9+10 LAG bridge to Unraid server, Eth11 AP-AC Lite, Eth17(+18) uplink to ER12
Server: Unraid 6.9.2, has not caused any issues, also see disclaimer above
Redudancy between ER-12 and LGS-318 not configured nor connected