IT mode card for Dell R720

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Agremlin

May 3, 2020
After buying a Dell PERC h710 mini for an R720 server that had no controller card, I now find that in order to run drives without RAID copy (I need the storage space, don't really care for redundancy) I can only run RAID 0 which requires me to turn the disks into one big drive. Problem is I want to swap in/out disks which I am sure will not play nicely with one big RAID 0.

Are there HDD controller cards that will work in the R720 that can be used in IT mode (prefer not to try to flash h710 better to sell it and just get another card), so that each drive can be written to separately without backup copy?

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
with a RAID controller, you can setup each drive as single drive RAID-0 and it would effectively be a single drive exposed through the RAID controller.

if you just rather buy a controller already flashed as HBA IT mode, i have them in my ebay store. before you decide, i recommend you watch this video:

links are in the video description.