EU Is the FujitsuLIFEBOOK A3511a good deal?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020

Hi everyone!
When I looking into my IT Distributor online Shop searching for an cheap Laptop for my Girlfriend who life abroad and will need one for Study I come across that one.
So what does everyone here think about the one: Fujitsu Lifebook A3511, Core i3-1115G4, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, DE, EDU ab € 407,98 (2023) | Preisvergleich Geizhals Österreich
It seem to be have 1x 8GB Ram so it will be easy to put another one in the Slot. It have a legal Win Licence. She just use office nothing elese.
Thanks

unwind-protect

Mar 7, 2016
Boston
Certainly looks like one of the better offers with Wifi specified as AX201 and two actual trackpad buttons.

Make double sure the RAM is not soldered on. The display is not very bright, but OK in that price range. Personally I don't like numblocks on laptops.

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
with Wifi specified as AX201
Its for study only and maybe watch Youtube in her Apartment. So the speed does not matter.
Make double sure the RAM is not soldered on.
Since the claim the have variable Config I guess it is not. End even so 8GB are for Office, Study way enough.
The display is not very bright, but OK in that price range.
Well as I say its better than a Smartphone one. It will be use only indoor.
Personally I don't like numblocks on laptops.
On a Gift it does not matter what you think?

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
This post is probably in the wrong forum...

It's obviously a cheap laptop, so it's hard to say that it's not an OK value.
Probably the biggest gotcha, that could potentially cause issues for your GF, is that the system has a keyboard with german layout (QWERTZ) - which is a bit of an abomination.

I would probably look at something like this from the seller on this auction listing (so you should not trust the price) (has danish keyboard layout though.... but at least that is qwerty...):

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
To be fair most European keyboard layouts are terrible, having to use alt gr to type certain characters is just plain a pain in the rear end.

From my perspective the one I hate the most is the nordic layout, where the danish, swedish / swedish, norwegian layouts are mangled together into one. A difference between norwegian and danish is that the æ and ø buttons are switched, but as the nordic layout has both, these two buttons both have æ and ø.

Thankfully you can of course just not look at the actual buttons... ;)

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
You get used to everything ;)
The one real gripe I have is that nobody thought of switching , and . on the numpad so we actually could type full numbers with it too :(

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY

Hi everyone!
When I looking into my IT Distributor online Shop searching for an cheap Laptop for my Girlfriend who life abroad and will need one for Study I come across that one.
So what does everyone here think about the one: Fujitsu Lifebook A3511, Core i3-1115G4, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, DE, EDU ab € 407,98 (2023) | Preisvergleich Geizhals Österreich
It seem to be have 1x 8GB Ram so it will be easy to put another one in the Slot. It have a legal Win Licence. She just use office nothing elese.
Thanks
It's *meh*. Not that great, but not terrible either. You got 2 DDR4 SODIMM slots so in theory you can upgrade it to 64GB of RAM, and the machine internals looks reasonable - most workhorse machines have un-exciting screens and the low res/nits/color fidelity is to be expected. The fact that the battery is still somewhat user upgradeable is a plus. The one big negative is that Tiger Lake i3 U-series, which isn't really all that performant by today's standards - an equivalent Renoir generation Ryzen 3 U series will beat it by a signficant margin. That being said, if you are in Austria your options for good solid machines at a reasonable price is limited.