Is it possible to boot from a H310 flashed to IT mode?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I googled and came up with nothing. Sorry if it's a stupid question. :(

andrewbedia

Jan 11, 2013
You probably have to go into the bios of the card and pick which drive you want to boot from.

Jannis Jacobsen

Mar 19, 2016
Norway
If you flashed with it firmware and bios it should be possible.
If flashed just with it firmware, you need to reflash it and add bios aswell

For IT mode without bios (perfect for zfs)
sas2flsh.exe -o -f 2118it.bin
This will have the quickest boot, and you will not see anything during boot regarding the controller-

Flash with bios:
sas2flsh.exe -o -f 2118it.bin -b mptsas2.rom
With this, it'll load the bios on boot, and let you enter the lsi sas config util on the card.

-Jannis

Last edited:
Reactions: Fritz

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015

This will have the quickest boot, and you will not see anything during boot regarding the controller-

Flash with bios:
With this, it'll load the bios on boot, and let you enter the lsi sas config util on the card.

-Jannis
Thank you sir. Windows Server is loading as I type this. :)

mattr

Aug 1, 2013

Flash with bios:

-Jannis
Just for clarification and anyone that happens upon this thread wondering the same thing... you don't need to re-flash the firmware. You can just do a sas2flsh -o -b mptsas2.rom from cmd, linux or windows or sas2flash.efi -o -b mptsas2.rom from efi shell.

Reactions: Jannis Jacobsen

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Yep, that's exactly what I did. In fact, I used a flash drive set up to flash an IBM M1015 to IT mode. It had all the proper files on it so I went for it (couldn't find my H310 flash drive).

On a side note, I was not able to load Windows server on an STEC IOPS 200GB SSD. It would hang right where the Install actually got rolling. Don't know why but I tried it 3 times with the same results. Switched to an Intel S3700 400GB and Windows loaded without a hitch.