Is free non-production ScaleIO gone with the merger?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Still wonder if its really gone for good as there is at least small progress on it - but weird to release any new (minor sub-) version to the public if they have canned it over all (or are only using it internally). Not sure whats going to come out of it...

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
It was exceptionally difficult to configure in the right way and it was a show stopper. Many people were complaining and DellEMC decided to pull out...
How so? The initial install is pretty straight forward. I admit that the CLI stuff for adding/removing and promoting certain nodes is quirky. But there really isn't much to configure in a small environment after the install. Better documentation that explains certain features more clearly would help, not sure if they've addressed that. Would difficulty with configuring only happen in large scale out environments with multiple protection domains? I suspect some additional headaches would come from having multiple management nodes.

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
Fail, clicked multiple times on that link previously :D

>We apologize, but this site is currently unavailable. Please try back later. Thank you.
Somebody else getting this message?

indigoskywalker

Jan 1, 2019
Me thinks Dell canned this because they really want to sell servers ;-) Good luck with that, many OpenStack deployments and devs had put a lot of work into getting openstack (and other projects such as Mesos) working with ScaleIO, I doubt people will want to work with Dell after this... What a waste of everyone's time..

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
They still provide updates to the 2.6 line, just v3 is nowhere to be seen.
Oc the Upgrade is not downloadable but it's there ;)

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
can anyone provide a LAB testing VxFlex 3.0 , iso for centOS or Windows ?

@rand_ , any luck getting the files ?

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
Thanks for coming back so quickly.
I already have experience with 2.0, can you download 2.5 for me, please :)

fell free to pm me

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
That should actually be free to get for anyone with an account (as I don't have any licenses or so)

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
right, I just followed the link in post #24 from you, thank you :)